Saturday, October 15, 2011

Carving Pumpkins ~~Scraps of Darkness~~

This is some Design Team work using our October kit "All Hallows Eve" for Scraps of Darkness.  This is a couple of photos of my grandsons Ethan and Elias last weekend carving some pumpkins with me.  They live a couple hours away so we miss Halloween with them, we had a fun weekend carving pumpkins and going on walks in the Redwoods!!  I had something set wrong on my camera and was so bummed when I saw the photos from the weekend, so I altered them with the antique setting.  I was pleasantly surprised that they looked great with the papers in this month's kit!!!  I did  a lot of punching on this and inked all the edges.  I printed out some small photos of the boys and mounted them on some mini canvases.  The cool Halloween screen doors that come with the Romance Add-on were altered with some Tim Holtz Distress Paint (Antiqued Bronze and Shappy Shutters) along with some Ingrid Bolm Black Coal Ink and some Smooch spritz (Olive Green).  I also used some Tim Holtz Salvage stickers "Seasonal". So much fun to be doing some holiday layouts, love my holidays!!  Thanks so much for dropping by and I hope you enjoy!!!

1 comment: