Monday, October 15, 2012

All Dressed Up ~~Scraps Of Darkness~~

Good Morning,  This is another project I created using the incredible Scraps Of Darkness Signature October Kit "Morticia's Wish".  This is my take on our ever-talented SuePup's October Sketch.



I found this cool photo on Pinterest and decided to do a reverse canvas piece with it at the center.  I used the beautiful wasabi tape from the kit to frame the reverse side of the canvas.  I then used a piece of paper that held a group of canvases that I bought as a template to make some corner pieces for the canvas that gave me a little pocket to put some decorative fibers from Escelsior into.  I also used the Tim Holtz Die cut "In The Bag" to make the small bag in the lower corner to fill with the Dusty Attic branches from the kit along with the awesome skull stick pin from our very own Mandy from which I hung the Prima keys from.

I also made a little "Witches Spells" book and have some close-ups of that for you below.  I also used a fun technique for making a candle out of your glue gun sticks that I found on YouTube, sorry I can't remember who's tutorial it was, I'll try to add that soon.  I melted some glue down the side of the little candle and added some "Paprika" Orange Stickles to the glue, so fun!!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!!  Happy Halloween!!








9 comments:

  1. Love the spider webs and the keys on your LO !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Page! I love all the details you put into the page. Thanks for the closeups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool idea!!! I think I need to make one so that I can live up to my name lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous page...I love the spider webs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous work, Karen!!!! So much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the layout and the photo of the witches. Fantastic! And that little book is to die for!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could spend HOURS looking at this layout. Simply adore that witches' brew and that HANDLE - oh my !!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow Karen, this is just totally amazing... I love your work, but this one has to be a favourite of mine.

    ReplyDelete