Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Good Morning My Friends,  Today is our reveal day for our January kit "Waterways" here at Scraps Of Darkness and I'm sharing some projects that I created using this exotic kit.


And here's a photo of the kit which includes some yummy papers from the Glitz Designs "Uncharted Waters Collection, Pink Paislee's "Portfolio" Collection, along with papers from Authentique's "Renew" Collection.  This is a really fun and exotic collection.

"The mark of a successful man is one that has spent an entire day on the bank of a river without feeling guilty about it" (Chinese Philosopher)






And here's the beautiful sketch for this month from our very one, ever-talented Suepup (Charlotte).


And here's my take on the sketch for January.  These are some photos of my family boating on Lake Tahoe a few years ago during one of our annual camping trips…so fun.  I used a combo of the Pink Paislee "Portfolio" collection and the Authentique's "Renew" collection.



For the next layout using this kit I used the Pink Paislee "Portfolio" collection and some of the Authentique goodies.  This is a photo of my oldest grandson Kenneth with his buddies.  They were playing video games all day last summer, and I gave them "orders" to go outside and run through the sprinkler…that woke them up and the title Reall?…Seriously? is exactly what they said to me. lol!




For the following layout I used the beautiful Glitz Designs "Uncharted Waters" Collection.  I just loved the colors in these papers!  This is a photo of my handsome hubby Jack and his brother-in-law Bill walking on the beach in Hawaii a couple of years ago.  I made the banner and added some circles folded in half to add to it, and loved how this one came out.




And here's a close-up of the banner I added to the layout.


And here's the last layout I was able to get out before reveal.  For this project I again used the Pink Paislee's "Portfolio" collection.  I really enjoyed these papers, I thought they'd be a challenge, but they are really fun to work with!  This is my grandson Kenneth at Lake Tahoe last year and my #2 grandson Ethan with Kenneth in the small photo.



Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what beautiful LOs you made with your kit. Love the colors and the design and all the details. And, I see in the States it is the same as here in the Netherlands, sending kids outside to play in stead of being behind the computer games. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very great post. I simply stumbled uрon уour blog and wished to say thаt I
    have really enjoyed suгfing arounԁ your blog pоsts.
    After all Ι will be subscribіng tо your rѕѕ feеd
    and I hоpе you write οnce morе soon!
    Here is my web blog loans for bad credit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I love the way you combine paper patterns and all your layers! Your work always draws me in and has me looking closer at the details! FAB work with this month's kit!!

    ReplyDelete